The Ohio Music Teacher’s Association (OMTA) was founded in 1879 in Delaware, Ohio. It is now affiliated with Music Teachers National Association, which was founded in 1876. MTNA is Americaâ€™s oldest professional music teachers organization. Our membership includes independent music teachers, college faculty members, and concert artists.
Our goals are to offer a wide variety of opportunities for studentsâ€™ musical development – recitals, master classes, festivals -Â as well as local programs and workshops for teachers and the state and national conventions. Throughout the U.S. our membership includes teachers of every instrument and voice. The aims of OMTA are to raise our teaching standards to a high professional level.
Benefits of belonging to OMTA:
- Prestige of belonging to a national music organization
- Participation in state and national conventions
- National Certification
- Subscription to The American Music Teacher Magazine
- District, State, and National auditions for students
- Recitals, Evaluations, Ribbon Festival/Scale Olympics for students
- Local OMTA meetings and special workshops for teachers
- Association with your professional colleagues